Monday 2 May 2016

When You Don't Ask and Still Pretend You Know

123rf.com



Within last week, I visited a Medical Centre for medical treatment over an ailment that started disquieting me same week. I moved straight to the Health Insurance Office (HIO) to renew my patient card. So at the HI Office, I did the needful because I have been there sometime last year but I haven't move to the beyond there – like move to Card Room to open a file for myself. 


Today on StayInspired, lets know we need to ask question. 
 
When I got to the Card Room, a handsome looking young man instructed me to go to the Director's Office to get a file. I hurried, searched and found the office because of I meet other of my engagement for the day. But surprisingly, I met pregnant mothers seated and I thought are waiting for the director. Without asking, I joined them to wait.

I still sat comfortably worried because waiting at Director’s Waiting Room, not until a staff asked if we - because a young man joined me - came for antenatal (health attention given to pregnant mothers), so I echoed, ''No ma, we came to get a file''. ''Then go in and get the file because we attend to pregnant mother here'', she said. We did she instructed us to do and left for the Card Room. After which we were assigned to a doctor.

Take Home

We've an adage in my local parlance translated thus, ''someone who ask question never miss road''. This implies you must have to ask question in order not to miss a step. Hence for you to get to that target you must have to use people to reach your goal. Most times, we get confused about our vision in life, how we can go about it. Yes. You might have written your vision and mission statements down but you need to ask people question for clarity.

One good impact of clarity is that it gives one insight into what he/she wants to do in life. It unveils hidden truth, you would have ordinarily by-pass as you journey. Whenever you ask question to people who have gone farther than you. You gain clarity which fastens you for a greater height.

Few years ago, I recounted how I missed a road on my way back from market and I insisted not to ask anyone question - as not to disturb them. It was when I notice I am heading to a road of no return that I resort to ask question and by then I have made mistake - at least by then it already late in the evening.

It helps one to retrace his way and adjust in life. Asking question will also help you to navigate against some odds even though we need them for building experience. I still believe we can prevent some of them from taking advantage of us.

You can ask people that have gone far ahead of you to insight on how they overcame their challenges. Then it now left for you to position yourself to win challenges and obstacle when they come. You want to setup a business before you start seek people’s advice. Ask about that course, you want to study and ask about how to maintain good relationship with the opposite sex. 

Anyone who ask the door will be open for him, if the door didn't open keep asking until the answer comes.

You need a God who will always give you advice when you are confused or about make a mistake. Be careful of the counsel you receive from people. 

I am Divine Nwoye.

Editor’s Note: We'll appreciate your comment, recommendation or any suggestion. Thanks. Keep a date with us.


Follow US


Facebook: DNWrites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Editor’s Note: We'll appreciate your comment, recommendation or any suggestion. Thanks. Keep a date with us.