Monday 23 November 2015

Poem | I AM PAINTED BLACK | @DivineNwoye


He mounted the podium,
Dressed in black suit with white pigment.
With harvest of racal thought battling,
To find their way out


But I chuckled with certainty
Bluntly sharped with beautiful words
To send like missile for clarity.

I believed the single story
I trusted his unnumbered potential
I still live in his fashioned idea.

Because I am painted black,
I refuse to be psyche-remote-controlled.

His speeches are coated with envy
Of the black
Why the pigment?
Should I ask the Maker?

Better still I am wonderfully made by Him

I comported myself
And prepared my mental capabilities
To receive from an ill conceived director
Who knew nothing, but his own

He believes the world was made by him

Little wonder, he create robot
To outsmart the marker,
But God pass him.

I fear for my children
I weep for my country
Because we're mentally enslaved.

I blast them when I want
Because we're created equal
Born same way,
And mentally built with similar pattern.

I'm blessed to be black,
I can't breach, because I love black.
Made of black,
No doubt,
Fashoned after His Likeness...

Still no doubt,
Because I am wonderfully and fearfully made.

He can say what he care on the podium
But my assertion rules the word.

I'm made and painted black.

(C) 2015 - Divine Nwoye

#Musing #DNWrites

2 comments:

Editor’s Note: We'll appreciate your comment, recommendation or any suggestion. Thanks. Keep a date with us.